Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dealing with Distractions

Hello again,
Like typical of my workload, once I finish something, some other opportunity comes along which I take part of. So now I have an animation test to work on for an animation company (which is pretty good considering the job search I am doing.) but not so good regarding my writing.

However I found that even when I try to do my work, most of my day is being on distracting social media websites, which serves as a useful tool if you have something to promote with. So in order to remove distraction, I've installed a Firefox add-on which blocks me from going onto Facebook (meh) Twitter (yikes) and Tumblr (soul sucking VAMPIRE!) for an allotted amount of time.

Now I might *gasp* get things done early! And actually work! Eeek...it will take some getting used to.

Also I've been very lethargic for the past couple of months, staying up late and sleeping in a lot. Hope to improve that with programming an alarm clock as well as an alarm on my phone (in another room) so if I decided to sleep in, the phone will wake me up. I bet you I will get really cranky the first couple of days.

Despite this being more of an entry of my personal life, I am hoping that the changes I made will help my productivity a bit (the key word is hope) and get my work done.

So many things to dooo...

No comments:

Post a Comment