Thursday, April 5, 2012

Script Frenzy: Day Four

A little late writing this blog post but I managed to crank out about 3 more pages tonight.

For the first day I got the hook down, second day I then started writing the introduction of the main character, Adrian MacIssac, third day I got his morning routine and now today I started writing in the second character Patrick Stevenson and through the conversation, I start stirring up the pot a bit regarding Adrian's unexplained head wound he was showing earlier in the script.

So far, everything seems to be working. Like a good horror, things will start slowly but you still need to throw in some clues to keep the reader interested in reading more until the first big plot point happens and I think I am starting to figure out what kind of pacing I have. Its the same with my animation skills, you can never figure out your timing right away. Its something that needs practice.

Oh and out of topic for a moment. I have been talking with a comic artist and I will be working on a comic story for the Canadian Heroes Anthology for Cloudscape Comic Society. Now I am not a big fan of superheros, but this one will have an supernatural/horror twist! I am quite excited to cut my teeth on some new comic artwork!

Anyway it is getting late so I am off to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment