Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Script Frenzy: Late Night Marathon!

12: 30 am
Starting to watch Lucio Fulci's "Don't Torture a Duckling". Although his is known for his more gory works, Duckling is one of his earlier Giallo films. I decided to start with this film because he has the same setup that I have for my novel (murders in a small town, school boys getting killed) so hopefully I can learn a few things from Fulci.

1:15 am
I am on page 59 and now getting to the second big plot event in the novel! Time to write a little action scene to go with it, much much fun!

1:45 am
FINISHED PART 1! Whoo! Now take the time to look into pages I had skipped or haven't finished.

2:06 am
Still watching "Don't Torture a Duckling" and this blues/rock song during a character's death scene is really weird. I wonder why Fulci picked this particular tune. Most inappropriate music for a lynching I've ever heard. Meanwhile I made a second version of my Celtx file. I should have done this earlier but I never thought of it. Good to have a backup in case shit happens.

3:03 am
Finished the film (after watching it on and off) I've worked until page 65 and went over previous pages. Now my brain is a little tired and in need of sleep. It was a nice bit of work to catch up on my script but now I believe I am satisfied for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment