Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Women in Horror Month gig

Hi Everyone!
For the month of February I am participating in the Women in Horror Month blog series.

What is Women in Horror Month?
Women in Horror Month is an organization of helping out women working in aspects of the horror genre (film, literature, comic books, etc..) getting recognition, promoting their work and networking with others. For some people out there who are thinking this, this is NOT something that will exclude or demonize men in any way.

The director sisters, Jen and Sylvia Soska (who are on the Board of Directors for this event) has a much more detailed explanation you can check out here: Welcome to Women in Horror Month

Now that all formalities are brought out of the way. I will be introducing what I will be doing for the month.

As those of you following my blog know, I am following my New Year's resolution to get my long awaited Horror graphic novel "Do Unto You" started. For the month of February I will be writing my first draft of the script and I will be making a blog post about it once a day.

Also what I will be doing is blog posts on various female artists and writers who have contributed to the Horror comic genre as well as finding webcomics, independent comic publishing, as well as animation, film, etc.. that could use some promotion.

So yeah, February is going to be a busy month for me. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment