Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chipping away the block

Well, after the last couple days of crud, I actually managed to write out the rest of the plot today while I was at the library. Turns out I needed to get out of the house (working at home can suck sometimes.)

I also went to the Cloudscape meeting today and talked about my idea to someone who does copywriting for a living. Turns out I was horribly nervous talking about the book to someone I barely knew (plus you tend to feel a little defensive when talking about sensitive issues like religion and sexual orientation. You never know how someone would react until you mention it- especially in a horror setting) Any other time I talked to someone about the comic idea, it was with close friends (at least those that I've gotten an honest opinion from) so pitching it to someone new was nerve wracking.

Otherwise, things went well. He likes the idea and wants to read more of it so I will have to quickly revise beatsheet and treatment and have him look over it. And if things go well. I will start writing the first draft next week! :D If by the end of February, I don't have the first draft done, at least I will be getting myself out of development hell.

And apologies for not keeping up with the Women in Horror month posts but I will have something new for you to read tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment